"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5 NIV)
A group of people having cultural, religious, ethnic, or other characteristics in common (Collins English Dictionary)
About Vine Community
Like you, our journey began on universal struggles. Life was becoming weary, our spiritual growth was stuck and we felt a sense of incompleteness in our lives. Above all we had the big question, “What is my purpose here on this Earth?”
Determined to find some answers, we sprung into action.
Our community was born from a group of like-minded neophytes, fresh out of RCIA and immensely filled with His Holy Spirit. By joining forces with our equally enthusiastic sponsors and some of their old catechism classmates, Vine Community began to grow its first roots. His blessings have since showered upon us, growing His vines, steadily reaching out to more of His people.
We come together bi-weekly to pray, reflect on and learn His word, to unwind and have fun. Being the young cheeky adults that we are, we play on the pun of our name and also enjoy good food and the (ahem, occasional) wine during our sessions. Every session has been fruitful and satisfying both spiritually and gastronomically.
If you feel like it’s time for a little change in your life, or if you’ve felt that nudge from the Spirit, do come and join us! We cannot guarantee that you will get answers for your life but we’re quite confident you’ll enjoy your journey to answers with us!
To strive to follow Christ and be His witness, reaching out to all Catholic young adults both in the community of OLPS and those who have left, by creating a unique spiritual environment for them to serve.
- To build a strong, all-inclusive community of young adults who can rely on each other for spiritual and social support
- Inspire and invoke curiosity of non-believers through the power of God’s love
- To renew, strengthen and empower young adults to own their faith
- Grow together into daily living examples through pastoral formation, faith sharing and loving service to others
- To learn about God and the Catholic faith through word of mouth, bite-sized Catechesis, less frequent obligatory meet-ups, yet always connected (via means of social media tools)
- To touch base with non-believers and/or “lost sheep” and bring them back into the faith
Nurture love, giving spirit, leadership and empathy among members.
Feel free to contact us if you would like to know more, or if you are interested to join!